Quick Mango Mousse
Choosing a dessert to make is a very tough part of my life, though being Bengali's we don't like sweets much...........and sometimes it even becomes difficult to finish irrespective of how tasty it may be. That is why i always make desserts which are super simple.......doesn't take much time & can be made in small portions..........and also can be stored for couple of weeks...............Last Friday i wanted to surprise my hubby, so i decided to make mango mousse................ no no no don't get worried this recipe is not like the others which calls for lot of ingredients & is tedious n difficult to make, rather this dessert is very easy & hardly takes any time, the best part about this is, that.. it is egg less & less messy. The original recipes requires pomegranate but i had starwberries & banana so i used then instead & i soaked them in 1/2 part pomegranate juice (1tbs)& 1/2 part(1tbs) Brandy ( This is not mentioned in the original recipe i added to get more flavour).The mousse turned out to be delicious & my husband just loved it & thankfully i could finish the whole mousse in 2 days............wowwwwwww what a relief.
- Mango Puree 1 cup
- Heavy whipped cream 1 cup
- Sugar 2tbs
- few strands of kesar ( Soaked in warm milk)
Decoration( Fruit Salad):-
- Pomegranate seeds 2tbs
- Raisins 2tbs( Soaked in Brandy or Rum overnight)
- Coarsely chopped Pistachio 1tbs
- Whip the cream in the blender along with sugar till it becomes semi hard
- Add soaked kesar in the mango puree.
- Fold the above two mixtures together gently let it rest for 2mins & mousse is ready.
- Mix pomegranate seed, raisins & pistachio.
- Put the mango mousse in serving bowl & top it with the fruit salad.
- Add any fruit you like or whichever is easily available( Strawberry/Apple & Banana ).
- Add more sugar if you like more sweet but do taste it before adding.
- Use powdered sugar, as it is easy to mix.
- If you don't want to use alcohol, soak raisin in any juice.
- Just to give it a classy look serve the mousse in soup spoons.